There are three options for designing and customizing most products. Click a product on the left-hand panel and then choose one of the options.
1. Custom Design: Lets you customize the products. Click it to open the design studio and use multiple tools to create your own design. You may upload graphics into your design.
2. Upload Design: Using this option, you can upload your own JPG, JPEG, PDF, AI, EPS, TIF, TIFF.
3. Browse Design: Use this to select from hundreds of pre-loaded templates. Customize through our design studio. You may upload graphics into your design.
The type of paper used for difference purposes is usually expressed in Points. The lower the number, the thinner the card stock. Larger format papers are often expressed in Pounds (lb). While this system can be confusing (100 pounds of what?) generally we can say that the higher the number, the thicker the paper.
The paper used for writing/printing (letterheads and such stationery) is generally between 20 to 70 lb and is called the paper or text stock. Anything heavier than this is considered card stock, i.e. the paper used for business cards, postcards, greeting cards, etc. 100lbs card stock in points is about 12 pt.
Coated papers are available in two finishes – glossy (shiny and smooth) and matt (flat and lusterless). Glossy papers have a good ink holdout, which is important for creating sharp, bright images. Matte stock has a smooth finish and give a nice look for those who find silk cards beyond their budget.
Silk is a special type of matte card stock that has an exceptionally smooth and luxurious feel. They are stronger than regular matte stock and are considered top-of-the-line. Needless to say, we sell an incredible amount of silk cards.
Here's how you order
* We suggest you register before you design your card. The link to register is in the uppper right corner.
Our design studio allows you to easily design your card or other product on-line in real time. You can move the elements, size them, pick colors, import images and everything else you need to produce a professional looking product.
If you are going to order, you must first decide what product to order. You cannot make a tentative decision, design your card and then decide you want that applied to a different card type.
Once you have clicked on the desired product, you will be presented with three boxes. You can either (a) Upload your own finished design, (b) Use the design studio to create your product from scratch or (c) Browse the templates and then choose one. these have design elements already in place. That choice brings up a simplified "fill-in-the-blank" style interface. If you want to make changes to the images or text style/color, click on "Switch to Another Studio" in the upper right section. This brings up the more advanced interface.
- The design studio contains common elements that should be familiar to anyone who has experience in basic designing software or word processing. The text tool designation can be seen when you hover your mouse cursor over the icon.
- Take advantage of the help link at top to answer any questions.
- At the very top of the icons are orientation,. the default is horizontal. You can pick vertical. The bottom right tool bar is the hide/show grid button. Clicking on this brings up a grid which hleps you align text. The grid itself will not print.
- The red dotted line on the pad denotes the trim line. The green dotted line is the safe zone. Keep needed text and design elements isnide the green line. Take full bleed elements like backgrounds right to the very edge.
- Most products many have a back side. If you are satisfid with the front and wish to design a back, click the "Back" button right above the card.
- If you want to import an image from your computer, Click on the Image Gallery tab above the card. Then click Upload to find your image to import. The image will show on your workspace. Click the image to place it into your design. You may move and size the image. You images stay by default in the Your Images folder.
- When you are satisfied with your design, click on the "Save and Continue" button. If you don't save your design, it will be lost. Choose a name for your design and type it in.
When you are on the final shopping card page, your card thumbnails will appear. They will have link options underneath. You can still go back and edit your design or you can edit your options concerning number of cards, extras etc.
If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at our customer service number during operating hours.
Although we endeavor to ship the quantity ordered, Nexcards reserves the right to ship within 5% over or under the requested quantity. This is an accepted industry tolerance.
Our system supports CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) 4-color printing only. RGB, spot colors or Pantone colors must be converted to CMYK before uploading.
300 dpi (dots per inch) is the resolution that we require. 350dpi is the maximum effective resolution.
We use offset printing, which provides the highest quality of print material for both text and images. Orders of less than 200 copies are printed on the latest digital equipment.
We have priced our products competitively with other fine quality printers. We have many repeat coustomers who have submitted positive unsolicted testimonials.
If you have a multi-set order of 4 or more sets with print-ready artwork, call us first. Depending on quantity, we can often "sharpen our pencils" and do better than the published price.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express as well as Paypal.